Friday, April 4, 2008

I've been too whiny lately


I know I should be using these rainy days to focus on getting the current house on the market, but I have so much to do, here and for work, that I'm just frankly paralyzed. I am going to spend the next several days planning for a huge yard sale, probably the first of many! I've been analyzing the forecast daily for the last couple weeks, promising to be out there the first sunny Saturday, and I went ahead and put an ad in the paper for next week, but who knows if the rain will hold out or not. The last two Saturdays have been a bust, and there's a 100% chance of rain tomorrow. So we'll just keep crossing our fingers for next week.

I'm in the mood finally, after being bummed all week, to get some things done. Those of you who are close to me know that we went through a period about 4-5 years ago where it seemed like everything we owned that was expensive broke. We had to replace the heat pump, the well pump, the pool pump, the front door, the dishwasher, the washer and dryer, and God know what else in that time period. We were financially scraping for a while there. Well, my luck can only hold out so far, so in addition to the house building expenses, we are also experiencing another financial trial of sorts. I had to have massive work done to my car recently, including a new transmission, amounting to the whopping total of $4000. Then Philip needs a crown replaced--$800. Anna is starting orthodontic treatment--$750 for now. Braxton has some dental work that needs to be done--$900. The bank suddenly decided we needed a foundation survey--$300. Anna's summer camp and girl scout camp fees are due--$1100 total. And today's news was the worst, just because he's the member of the family least able to help himself, but the dog has developed more bladder stones, only 8 months after his last surgery, confirming that this is something we will be dealing with for the rest of his life since apparently the prescription diet is not working. There is some medicine that we can try, but it's pretty much our last option, and even that still doesn't change the fact that he needs another surgery. That's probably another $800 total, not to mention the strain and pain for him.

But overall, we are all happy and healthy, and I do know that it's only money. I'm blessed to have a little savings to pull from, even if that is mostly tapped out now, and I still have a little available credit left....haha! So I guess with my luck that won't last long. And we still have our jobs and can still pay our bills. I guess it took the bad news about the dog today to really put it all into perspective. The money is just money, and who needs that???

Well, thanks to those of you who actually read all of this. If you made it this far, you really deserve a prize! Maybe one day soon I'll actually have more house stuff to blog about.

By the way, if you know my dog, Mac, he'd appreciate a visit from you to wish him well. And no, he really doesn't seem sick in the least. But we'll probably schedule his surgery in the next week or two because it really is something that will only get worse and could turn into an emergency very quickly.

No comments: