Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Basement drama?

Well, not really, but Philip did get a little pissy about the basement bathroom. The plan for the basement is to finish it eventually, as in years down the road. But we did talk a little about going ahead and planning in advance for plumbing down there and maybe some roughed in electrical.

Well, turns out that planning ahead for a utility sink and a fourth toilet in the basement might be more costly than we really want, as in $2000-3000 more. Apparently a fourth toilet requires a bigger drain pipe and more trenching, etc. This is one of those areas that's a little too technical for me. I just do a lot of nodding when Brad goes on about this stuff. Instead, he recommended a pump system where the toilet has a pump that allows it to drain upwards (or whatever). Those apparently work very reliably nowadays, and they only cost $600-700 and include the toilet. Sometimes they involve a raised floor, but not always, and I can live with that.

However, when I tried relaying this to Philip, he got pissy with me, so I just told him to call Brad. But, according to Brad, I did relay the info correctly (yay, me!). So Philip does the "Fine, nevermind then" thing with Brad on the phone. Brad, good sense of humor that he has, basically tells Philip to think about it and call him later. Philip gets pissy again, and Brad says something to the extent of, "You can't get like this already. You've got a long way to go to be acting like this this early on." I LOVE IT!!!!!

By the way, Philip told me this story verbatim later in the day, and obviously, I'm highly amused. I get to see the pissy Philip all the time, and I'm used to it, but for him to get called out by Brad....priceless! Doesn't that break a rule in the man handbook or something???

In case you're wondering, Philip was amused by it later, too. That's a good thing since I was laughing hysterically at him when he was telling me the story. I don't know if he knows I'm blogging about it, but he ought to know me by now. There are no secrets with me....

No comments: