Friday, April 4, 2008

About that "little progress" idea...

....well, maybe not. It's not anyone's fault but Mother Nature. I told everyone that we would single-handedly end the drought, and they didn't believe us. Well, what do all you doubters think now? LOL

I did go out to the site today, my only time this week, for those of you who are counting, and saw that there's a little gravel and creek sand out there, but no concrete has been poured in the blocks, and the walls haven't been back filled, and we're no where close to pouring the basement or garage floors. All that will need to be done before the framing starts. And unfortunately, next week's forecast has changed to include rain four out of five days. (A couple days ago, it looked like the week might be mostly sunny. Too good to be true, I guess.) I know Brad's been trying to get things done, partly because I've talked with him a hundred times this week and partly because the yard out there is torn all to hell from the trucks trying to get in and out with the ground so soggy. Today was the first day I wondered if my car would get stuck or not, and no, it didnt! Thank goodness.

No comments: