Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paint....too purple?



Many of you were accosted by me and my paint swatches a few weeks ago as I contemplated cobblestone versus earl gray or purple surf versus whatever. Well, finally, the paint is on the walls. Yippee! I really like the darker paint we chose for the feature wall in the greatroom and the buff we chose as the standard (everywhere else) color. But I think Philip has some qualms about the purple surf in the master bedroom. I happen to like it, and it will be fine for a while. In the end, it's just paint, so if he can't live with it, we'll change it.

The cabinets are scheduled to go in next week and the flooring soon after. We had planned to get in there and paint the office and kids' rooms ourselves, partially to save some money and partially because we haven't committed to those colors yet. Well, if we are to get that done before the floor is done, then it looks like we'll have to get busy real soon.

I am incredibly excited, however, to once again see progress. We had a meeting with Brad today, and he assures us that things will progress fairly quickly in the coming weeks, with the interior getting largely finished out in the next two to three weeks. Plus, the brick is very close to being finished. We've got the quotes on exterior trim, and he should get that lined up very soon as well.

Meanwhile, I have been busy studying brick mailbox columns, choosing light fixtures, perusing faucets, etc. I have my assignments: finish purchasing light fixtures, begin picking out tile, paint any rooms I intend to paint myself, start calling and checking interest rates daily to begin thinking about locking in a rate. (That last one scares me a little because it is very much akin to gambling, and I really fear locking in too high or missing a low rate because of being afraid to lock in too high!) Anyway, I have some things to keep me busy for the next couple weeks myself, which might be good for all this nervous energy that seems to keep me awake at night.

It's getting good...stay tuned.

No comments: