Friday, September 19, 2008

Cabinets and Paint












The kitchen and bathroom cabinets were delivered and set on Thursday and Friday of this week. I was very excited to see them, and they are really beautiful. The picture on the left is one part of the kitchen. The range and fridge fill those holes. The cabinets are maple with a honey glaze and a bit of antiquing around the panels/doors.

After oogling the cabinets for a while, I did find some time this evening to paint. There are three rooms (mentioned below) that we will paint ourselves, and this one is the office/dining room. This is Calm Sky. It is very blue, but according to my husband, it's soothing. All I know is that this new dryall and coating of flat paint they used is making it hard to paint. It just absorbs all the paint it can. It's like painting new drywall. This room probably needs another coat of paint although I couldn't really tell since it was getting dark on me.

I can't wait to see how the Fresh Pear paint looks in Anna's room. I think that room will pull together nicely, especially with the bedding we just bought. I'll post pics when I get them. While those two rooms have bright colors, Braxton's room is a nice light blue. I hope it doesn't seem too light compared to all the other rooms, and maybe, just maybe, it'll calm him down a little!

Well, that's all for now. I desperately need sleep, so I'm going to go work on that now and rest up for another day of painting tomorrow.

No comments: