Friday, October 3, 2008

This Week's Progress




Lots of progress was made this week. The concrete was finally poured for the garage. That's Thomas and Philip in that first pic. Thomas was doing the siding and guttering, and here he's working on wrapping the garage doors.

The crown moulding was installed this week, along with most of the trim around the doors and windows (except that window in Anna's room, but she wanted to pose for a pic for you all). Speaking of doors, most of the interior doors are in. There were a couple that we replaced or were delivered late, but those shouldn't take much time to install.

When I was out there this afternoon, the laundry room and bathroom tile was being installed, so hopefully I'll have a pic of that for you later this weekend. There were all kinds of saws and other power tools being used out there this afternoon, making it very difficult for me to control the kids, so we checked it out and decided to get out of the way and come back later.

Finally, the appliances were delivered this morning. They are awesome--sooooo beautiful! I know I splurged a little (a lot for me) on them, but I don't think I'll be disappointed. I can't wait to cook something! As I came home this afternoon and was trying to cook here in this tiny apartment kitchen, I found myself daydreaming that I was really working with my new appliances and those beautiful granite tops. Wake up, wake up, Nancy!

No comments: