Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Footings Finished, Power and Water

So, the footers are finished and the temporary power is connected. They've attached a spigot to the water tap. The block, sand, and cement have been delivered. The only problem is that no real work has been accomplished, which is why you get a lovely picture of my son, giving me his fake smile even though it looks a little like a grimace.

The mason was scheduled to begin last week, then Monday, then Tuesday, then today, and now, perhaps tomorrow. Actually, we are meeting Brad out there tomorrow do or die...I'm taking the day off work and something is gonna get done (I hope). If not, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have a stroke!

It was nice to see my aunt and uncle when I went out there this evening. We're basically building behind their house, but so far when we've been out there, they haven't been home. I'm guessing they work a lot. Anyway, we got some of the neighborhood lowdown. Although I practically lived down there as a kid, I haven't been down there much at all in the last 15-20 years. Gosh, that makes me sound so old! Anyway, whole housing developments have gone in since I used to spend time with my grandparents. Luckily for me, it doesn't seem that much different than my current neighborhood: a couple good neighbors, a couple crazy ones, the cows behind my property still get out of their pasture on occasion and have to be herded back in, etc. I think I can handle that!

Okay, enough for now. IF, IF, IF some walls actually start going up tomorrow, I'll be sure to post a pic!

No comments: