Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Footers Poured and Porta-Potty Delivered!



Monday, March 3, they inspected and passed the footers. So I think Brad had the concrete truck out there waiting so he could get them poured before the rain on Tuesday. We lucked into getting there just as he was finishing up, so the kids got to see the concrete truck. We also had the porta-potty delivered Monday, so I really had just gone out there to take a picture of that for my album. (Philip thought I was completely nuts, especially with gas at a whopping $3.10 a gallon, so I'm doubly glad there was something else going on to justify the trip...LOL!) You can see in the upper left-hand corner where they ran out of concrete. Oops! Hopefully, that won't slow them down any. They can begin laying block on the other side. I wonder how long that concrete has to dry....I forgot to ask Brad.


Anyway, we also noticed the power line has been completely moved now, and the two new poles are in place. Last week, one pole had been placed in the ground and one was lying off to the side, but now they've installed the poles, guywires, and moved and reconnected the power lines. Neat, huh?


I have to include the requisite porta-potty picture too. Everyone wants to see that, right? I'm currently looking for a welcome wreath to put on the door.

No comments: