Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sheetrock and Brick

The sheetrock and brick were delivered this week, and the sheetrock team is moving quickly. When I got there tonight around 6:00, they were still working and didn't appear to be slowing down. Walls were up in almost every room except the great room. It's funny how having walls really makes some of the rooms much smaller. Closets that I thought would be huge just aren't so large anymore, but it's still wonderful!

The masons have started prepping for the brick. They had laid some additional cement block today where the dirt will fill in around the front porch, and I assume I'll start seeing real brick go up by the end of the week. I'm obviously more than excited about that.

I didn't take new pics tonight because there were a bunch of strange men I've never seen before working all over the house, so I didn't want to get too much in their way. But I'll take new pics before the week is out and get them posted asap. We're moving this weekend, so that may not be this week, but it'll be very soon.

No comments: