Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Windows and a Front Door!




I was excited when I pulled in to the lot today to see my front door installed. Yahoooo! They have also finished installing and switching out the small windows that I just couldn't handle. I really am pleased with the decision to switch some of them out. Philip thinks the window in our bathroom might be too big, but I disagree. I think it's perfect now--lots of light and easy to see out. I also switched out the windows in the tiny powder room and the laundry room and am much more pleased. You can see in this pic above that we also replaced the single window in Braxton's bedroom with a double. Again, very happy with the way that has turned out.

I don't have the best angle right now to get a good pic of the front door, but at least you can see most of the glasswork in the top pic above. It really is pretty and will be stained probably in an oak grain.

As far as the schedule....we are waiting for the plumber to finish the rough plumbing. He should be done in another day or so. Then Brad can order the rough inspection and the exterior inspection. Once that inspection is done, we can begin bricking and finishing the interior. Yay!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hooray! It really looks like a house. I know you are ready to be inside.