Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Almost ready for shingles


The roofing is set to begin today I hope, and the windows should also be installed. The plan is to have the house "in the dry" by next week. They should have finished getting the sheeting done by Monday, which is why I'm expecting the real roofing to begin today. Choosing shingles was difficult, and I'm still not sure I'm getting what I wanted. I see the color I want on other people's houses, but I cannot determine what that is in the little shingle brochure or with the little 2-inch samples you get. So I did a girlie thing and told my contractor to go look at such and such a house and match that. He loves that. Luckily, one of the sample houses is near my new house. So who knows what that homeowner thinks, but apparently he has been by there several times trying to match up shingles for me, and he's even taken the shingles out there and had the shingle salesman out there. Those poor homeowners must think we're stalking them!

Anyway, I'm afraid what I'm getting is a little more gray than I like and less brown, but regardless, it will be fine. Philip likes it, and poor Brad has tried his best to match the house I pointed out. And really, I'm at the point where I don't really want to think about brick and shingles anymore. The decision has been made, and I'm sure I'll love them cause they're attached to my new house.

Hmmmmm....the house does get bigger and smaller depending on vantage point. Usually it seems so big, but in this pic it seems a little small. Nah, I guess that's just the optical illusion of the various stages of building.

Enjoy. I'll post a pic with the real roof as soon as I can afford to drive out there again. Haha!

No comments: